Crunchyroll is the world’s most popular anime brand, connects anime and manga fans across 200+ countries and territories with 360-degree experiences. We’re an international business focused on creating both online and offline experiences for fans through content (licensed, co-produced, originals, distribution), merchandise, events, gaming, news, and more. Visit our About Us pages for more information about our collection of brands and companies.
Crunchyroll COVID-19 Hiring Status
- Crunchyroll employees are currently working from home, and we are still conducting remote interviews and hiring during this time. This role is expected to start remotely, and we’ll work closely with you as we understand every person has unique circumstances.
- Our headquarters is located in downtown Chisinau, Moldova, where our group of cross-functional experts assembles to create experiences for Crunchyroll and VRV’s passionate communities.
About the team:
- The Internal Tools team is working on projects built to facilitate the development of new features of the company’s products, as well as to make the monitoring process of the services state easier.
- Experience in testing, Jest preferred
- Experience in designing software components
- Experience in operating with Git, npm, Webpack, ExpressJS, Material-UI
- Good ability to formalize and communicate technical ideas to different audiences
- Passionate about code quality
- Ability to tailor development processes for different project sizes and needs
- Previous exposure to CI/CD processes
- Experience in working with REST APIs
- Familiarity with cloud-based Infrastructure and virtual hosting
- Experience in working with web sockets
Nice to have or open to learning:
- Designing REST APIs
- Working with AWS
- Good knowledge of Jenkins
- Database management knowledge
- Working with Golang, PHP, NodeJS
A day in the life of our Software Engineer:
- Will be responsible for developing front-end components
- Connect with other team members
- Identify and recommend the best tools/libraries vital for different problems solving
- Build and maintain UI components
- Evaluate the severity of a ticket and estimate the effort to have it done
- Ensure all the used technologies are up to date
- Participate in the sprint planning, provide ideas, personal points of view or any concerns about the discussed items
- Work closely with other teams in the company in order to identify their needs, and receive feedback on the work done
Benefits and Perks:
- Stay Healthy - Private health, dental and vision insurance, including full insurance package for kids;
- Take Time for You - Accrued PTO, sick days, social PTO, and flexible schedule;
- Refuel - Catered meals, snacks & beverages;*
- Find Balance - On-site gym*, yoga & wellness classes, Employee Assistance Program;
- Work hard, watch hard - Free premium access to Crunchyroll & Warner Media Screeners;
- Level Up - Prepaid Udemy and LinkedIn Learning accounts, English and Romanian classes, professional development courses & conferences;
- Press Play - Game nights, anime nights, online team buildings & celebrations;
- That's not all - Referral bonus, Spot bonus, Employee morale budget, Utilities compensation, Crunchyroll Store discount, & other.
*Due to changes in the workplace, benefits that are tied to the office are temporarily not available.
Questions about Crunchyroll's hiring process? Please check out our FAQ
Please beware of recent scams to online job seekers. Those applying to our job openings will only be contacted directly from @crunchyroll.com and @ellation.com email accounts. If you have any questions of the authenticity of an Ellation or Crunchyroll job offer, please contact [email protected] before giving away any information.