Crunchyroll Moldova (previously branded as Ellation Moldova) is a transformative entertainment company with a devoted technology team and a knack for cutting-edge technologies. Recently awarded the top employer of Moldova, we collaborate with our colleagues across offices to develop, design, engineer, and advocate content that brings our communities of passionate fans together.
Crunchyroll COVID-19 Hiring Status
- Crunchyroll employees are currently working from home, and we are still conducting remote interviews and hiring during this time. This role is expected to start remotely, and we’ll work closely with you as we understand every person has unique circumstances.
- The growing team is made up of technical, functional, and domain experts that come together to create exceptional experiences for fans.
Like video? Like mobile? Like anime and the culture around it? We’re looking for an Android Engineer to join our team in Chișinău to focus on creating and improving our mobile application experiences.
- 3+ years of experience in Android development
- Deep understanding of Java core and Android SDK (applications sandboxing, system boot process, system services, etc.)
- Excellent knowledge of Kotlin
- Experience with Unit/Integration/UI testing in Android
- Deep understanding of software architectures and passionate about code quality. Understanding and practical experience with design patterns. Ability to choose the best suitable architecture depending on the project and business requirements.
- Experience with Web services, sockets
- Experience with Proguard or other obfuscators
- Experience with Continuous Integration services (Jenkins)
- Deep knowledge of Git
- Good knowledge of English
Nice to Have:
- Understanding of Android security & internals
- Experience with video players
- Experience with AWS
- Experience with databases
- Experience in open source projects
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Sciences or other related fields is welcome
A day in the life of our Android Engineer:
- Develop high-quality applications with the low crash rate
- Adapt applications to constantly evolving Android SDK
- Estimate whole projects or separate modules, analyze risks
- Do code review on a regular basis
- Analyse applications performance and do different optimizations (memory, resources usage)
- Stay Healthy - Private health, dental and vision insurance, including full insurance package for kids;
- Take Time for You - Accrued PTO, sick days, social PTO, and flexible schedule;
- Refuel - Catered meals, snacks & beverages;*
- Find Balance - On-site gym*, yoga & wellness classes, Employee Assistance Program;
- Work hard, watch hard - Free premium access to Crunchyroll & Warner Media Screeners;
- Level Up - Prepaid Udemy and LinkedIn Learning accounts, English and Romanian classes, professional development courses & conferences;
- Press Play - Game nights, anime nights, online team buildings & celebrations;
- That's not all - Referral bonus, Spot bonus, Employee morale budget, Utilities compensation, Crunchyroll Store discount, & other.
*Due to changes in the workplace, benefits that are tied to the office are temporarily not available.
Questions about Crunchyroll's hiring process? Please check out our FAQ
Please beware of recent scams to online job seekers. Those applying to our job openings will only be contacted directly from @crunchyroll.com and @ellation.com email accounts. If you have any questions of the authenticity of an Ellation or Crunchyroll job offer, please contact [email protected] before giving away any information.