Crunchyroll is the world’s most popular anime brand, connects anime and manga fans across 200+ countries and territories with 360-degree experiences. We’re an international business focused on creating both online and offline experiences for fans through content (licensed, co-produced, originals, distribution), merchandise, events, gaming, news, and more. Visit our About Us pages for more information about our collection of brands and companies.
Crunchyroll COVID-19 Hiring Status
Crunchyroll employees are currently working from home, and we are still conducting remote interviews and hiring during this time. This role is expected to start remotely, and we’ll work closely with you as we understand every person has unique circumstances.
Recently awarded the top employer of Moldova, the growing team is made up of technical, functional, and domain experts that come together to create exceptional experiences for fans.
About the Team
Our Quality Assurance and Quality Engineering teams champion Crunchyroll’s goal of delivering high-quality video and rich content to our users on multiple platforms. In addition to devising testing strategies and evaluating feature quality, our quality engineers take part in feature planning and design reviews, to contribute their ideas and to ensure testability.
- 3+ years of experience in an SDET role
- Solid knowledge of Java/Kotlin or another programming language
- Hands-on experience with automated testing and frameworks like Selenium WebDriver, Appium, Rest Assured, Jmeter
- Experience with REST API
- Solid understanding of CI/CD process (preferably in Jenkins)
- In-depth understanding of iOS, Android, Web, microservices
- Hands-on experience building out testing frameworks and tools from the ground up
- Experience developing automated software tests
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills as well as the ability to analyze complex problems
- Excellent knowledge of software development lifecycle, testing methodologies, testing tools
- Experience leading ambiguous situations, dealing with technical issues and coming up with effective solutions to ensure project deliverables
- Superior written and verbal communications skills
- Fluent English
- Previous experience with requirements, defect, functional, and performance management systems is desired
- Experience with Amazon Web Services is a plus
- BS in Computer Science/Computer Engineering or equivalent experience
A day in the life of our SDET Engineers:
- Review requirements and design documents to provide timely feedback
- Architect, design, build and maintain test automation frameworks/scripts for complex mobile, web applications
- Design, maintain and optimize test automation infrastructure
- Define road maps and detailed implementation plans in collaboration with SDET, QA engineer and developer for QA automation strategy and implementation
- Research and contribute ideas for continually improving code quality and automation test performance
- Create accurate and detailed bug reports when issues are identified
- Integrate and maintain automation tests with CI pipeline
- Work closely with software development engineers and will contribute new work to the Quality Plan and educate various software engineering teams on writing appropriate requirements and test plans. Participate in tool selection and/or construction
- Stay up-to-date with new testing tools and test strategies
Benefits and Perks:
- Stay Healthy - Private health, dental and vision insurance, including full insurance package for kids;
- Take Time for You - Accrued PTO, sick days, social PTO, and flexible schedule;
- Refuel - Catered meals, snacks & beverages;*
- Find Balance - On-site gym*, yoga & wellness classes, Employee Assistance Program;
- Work hard, watch hard - Free premium access to Crunchyroll & Warner Media Screeners;
- Level Up - Prepaid Udemy and LinkedIn Learning accounts, English and Romanian classes, professional development courses & conferences;
- Press Play - Game nights, anime nights, online team buildings & celebrations;
- That's not all - Referral bonus, Spot bonus, Employee morale budget, Utilities compensation, Crunchyroll Store discount, & other.*Due to changes in the workplace, benefits that are tied to the office are temporarily not available.