The Processing Manager is responsible for supervision of the Processing Department to ensure associates are meeting documentation standards relating to underwriting, closing, and title review in accordance with company policy, procedures and service level agreement.
Key Responsibilities and Essential Functions
- Understands and adheres to all department, division, and corporate policies and procedures as it pertains to their job responsibility
- Responsible for the day-to-day operations of the department working with staff, which includes, but is not limited to:
- Training, coaching and mentoring team members to perform their best with assigned work. Creates a positive work environment; sets clear objectives and monitors performance;
- Reviewing team members' work and evaluating employee performance on a regular basis to provide constructive feedback to improve and/or enhance performance.
- Holding staff accountable to established performance levels to achieve individual and group goals and maintain consistent practices.
- Conducting performance evaluations in accordance with Company policy.
- Training new hires and the ongoing mentoring of existing staff.
- Reviewing staffing needs. Interviewing and hiring candidates
- Assisting the assigned reporting manager with implementing company policies
- Balancing of department work; work planning, prioritization and assignment; establish and monitor accountability for direct reports' job responsibilities
- Demonstrate and encourage integrity and alignment with Company Vision, Mission and Values
- Prepare and deliver regular, ongoing meetings with the Processing Department along with managing the timeline of a loan from application through funding to insure we are setting and meeting expectations
- Responsible for assisting the Post-Closing/Quality control department in obtaining any missing documentation needed in order to render a loan saleable into the secondary market in a timely manner.
- Preparing and/or analyzing daily, weekly and monthly reporting to monitor compliance with company policies and to measure the performance and metrics of direct reports.
- Responsible for the departments adhering to the targeted turn-time requirements. Proactively communicates with customers & senior level management in the event turn-time expectations cannot be met.
- Responsible to make recommendations for process changes to senior management.
- Collaborate with division and corporate managers regularly to improve efficiency and processes; identify negative operational trends and initiate corrective actions
- Monitor compliance with the approved process flow and analyze for continued process improvement
- Assist in resolving problems or issues on loan files within the team as well as proactively and consistently communicating with all operations departments and sales teams as applicable
Work Experience and Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent level of verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to work within time constraints
- Excellent level of interpersonal skills to work effectively with others
- Intermediate level of computer skills and the ability to function in a windows environment utilizing Outlook, Word and Excel
- Ability to rapidly acquire detailed knowledge of departmental policies, practices and procedures
- General knowledge of product guidelines for conventional mortgages and government mortgages, as applicable
- Excellent knowledge of industry standard underwriting systems (FNMA DU, FHLMC LP, etc.)
- Knowledge of Encompass a plus
- Exceptional organization skills, time management skills and ability to multi-task and handle several priorities at once
- Must be able to maintain a positive attitude, while handling changing situations and strict deadlines.
- Three to five years of recent front-line experience working as a mortgage processor
- Two years of experience working in a management capacity