Xometry is looking for an experienced Additive Manufacturing Applications Engineer to join our team. The Applications Engineer is responsible for the areas of customer quoting, supplier sourcing, scheduling, and on-time order fulfillment. The successful candidate should have the 3-5 minimum years of hands-on 3D Printing/Additive Manufacturing experience. The position will require competencies that include CAD proficiency, knowledge of additive design for manufacturability, costing, and sound technical communication aptitude.
Duties will include
- Evaluate customer supplied 3D CAD data, RFQs, Statements of Work, drawings and quality documents to verify technical compliance.
- Actively engage internal sales reps and external customers in discussions about technology selection and design for manufacturing via email and phone.
- Act as technical expert for a cross functional team consisting of sales reps, project managers, DFM engineers, and outside partners.
- Oversee and participate in order sourcing decisions based on customer requirements, partner price, and partner capabilities
- Contribute to maintaining departmental standard operating procedures as needed
- Maintain a working knowledge of 3d Printing processes such as Carbon DLS, DMLS, FDM, HP MJF, PolyJet, SLA, SLS, and other technologies as they emerge.
- Constantly identify opportunities to improve operational efficiency, productivity and cost savings
- Maintain and publish KPI and other related tracking reports
- Performs all work in compliance with Xometry's quality and safety systems, policies and procedures.
- Associates degree or higher in a technical field, or equivalent experience
- Familiarity with 3D CAD software, such as SolidWorks or Materialise Magics
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Possess 3-5 years of direct experience in Additive Manufacturing/3d Printing
- Possess 3-5 years of direct Customer facing experience
- Experience with CNC machining or injection Molding a plus
If this job isn’t for you but you have a friend who may be a perfect fit - share this job with them!
Xometry is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Xometry participates in E-Verify and after a job offer is accepted, will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.